Truck auctions in Johannesburg
Finding Truck auctions in Johannesburg welcomes you to our page. Take a look at our truck auction partners to find a reputable auctioneer that’s able to provide you with light commercial vehicles or heavy goods vehicles to suit your needs. Our partners have years of experience supplying businesses and individuals with quality trucks, so whether you’re intending to pick up a pre-owned rigid truck or a second-hand HGV tractor unit at auction, you shouldn’t have a problem.
What to consider when buying a truck
Trucks are the most popular type of vehicle in South Africa, outselling sedans and crossovers by a huge margin. They’re popular because they offer loads of versatility. There are a lot of different kinds of trucks out there right now and they all come at a wide variety of prices. Some are big, some are small. Some are pretty bare bones and some are essentially luxury vehicles. Whether you’re buying a truck for everyday driving or for occasional use, there are some important factors to take into consideration to make sure you get the most out of your purchase.
Below are some pointers to consider:
- Passenger capacity – f you don’t plan on transporting many passengers and need more cargo space, the standard cab configuration might be your best value. If you’re going to need more passenger capacity for friends or family, definitely go with a larger cab.
- Power and engine size – If you’re buying a truck for everyday commuting and don’t plan on transporting large items, then a 4-cylinder engine can save you money on gas. These are available in smaller trucks like the Toyota Tacoma and Nissan Frontier. Four-cylinders are fine for transporting small payloads, but if you need to tow something bigger than a small U-Haul trailer, you’ll need to go bigger.
- Two-wheel drive vs. 4×4 – Deciding whether a 4×4 truck is worth the extra money has a lot to do with weather and your driving habits.
- Manual vs. automatic – If you plan to spend a lot of time in traffic, then an automatic transmission will save you a great deal of unnecessary shifting. If traffic isn’t a concern, then a manual transmission can improve your control over the engine without the burden of excessive shifting.
- Camper shell – If you’re buying a truck for the purpose of transporting large items in the bed, a camper shell can be very useful for preventing theft and keeping your belongings safe from the elements.
For more news about auctions please see: Auctions in Pretoria